We are committed to making a difference in the world, and we believe that every little bit helps. That's why we donate a portion of our sales to two organizations that are working to protect our oceans and plant trees: The Ocean Cleanup and The Arbor Day Foundation.
We believe that these two organizations are doing important work, and we are proud to support them. When you buy our product, you know that a portion of your money is going to help protect our planet.
Here are some specific examples of how your purchase can help:
- A donation to The Ocean Cleanup can help to fund the development of new technologies to clean up plastic pollution.
- A donation to The Arbor Day Foundation can help to plant trees in communities that need them.
- Your purchase can also help to raise awareness about the importance of protecting our oceans and planting trees.
We hope that you will join us in supporting these two great organizations. Together, we can make a difference in the world.
The Ocean Cleanup is a non-profit organization that is developing and scaling technologies to rid the oceans of plastic. Their goal is to clean up 90% of floating ocean plastic pollution by 2040.
The organization's flagship project is the Ocean Cleanup System 002, which is a large floating barrier that uses the ocean's currents to collect plastic pollution. The system has been deployed in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch, and it has already collected over 100,000 pounds of plastic.
The Ocean Cleanup is also working on a project to intercept plastic pollution in rivers before it reaches the ocean. They have developed a system called the Interceptor, which is a floating barrier that can be installed in rivers to collect plastic pollution. The Interceptors have been deployed in rivers in Indonesia, Guatemala, and the United States, and they have already collected over 1,000 tons of plastic.
The Ocean Cleanup is a promising organization that is making great strides in the fight against plastic pollution. Their work is essential to protecting our oceans and marine life.
Here are some additional details about the organization:
- The Ocean Cleanup was founded in 2013 by Boyan Slat, a Dutch inventor.
- The organization is headquartered in the Netherlands, but it has teams working in over 20 countries.
- The Ocean Cleanup has raised over $300 million in funding.
- The organization has been featured in publications such as The New York Times, The Guardian, and National Geographic.
Arbor Day Foundation
The Arbor Day Foundation is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to planting trees. The foundation was founded in 1972, and it has planted over 500 million trees in all 50 states and in over 100 countries around the world.
The Arbor Day Foundation's mission is to inspire people to plant, nurture, and celebrate trees. The foundation accomplishes this mission through a variety of programs, including:
- Tree Planting: The foundation provides free trees to individuals and communities who want to plant trees.
- Education: The foundation provides educational resources about trees to schools, businesses, and the general public.
- Advocacy: The foundation advocates for policies that support tree planting and conservation.
The Arbor Day Foundation is a leading voice in the fight for a healthier planet. Trees provide many benefits to people and the environment, including:
- Clean air: Trees help to clean the air by absorbing pollutants.
- Clean water: Trees help to filter water and prevent erosion.
- Shade: Trees provide shade, which can help to reduce energy costs and heat-related illnesses.
- Biodiversity: Trees provide habitat for wildlife.
- Economic benefits: Trees can boost property values and attract tourism.
The Arbor Day Foundation is a valuable resource for anyone who wants to learn more about trees or get involved in tree planting. The foundation's website is a great place to start, and the foundation also offers a variety of publications and educational resources.